Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day 11- July 6

Today we spent the day with our families. At seven I went to Mass with my mother. The service starts at 7:30, and went until 9. After a quick breakfast of eggs, bread, and tea, I went to the field my family owns with my mother and two brothers. They hooked up two oxen to a wooden plow and used it to churn up the earth; to my surprise there were potatoes! My mother and I walked after the oxen and  collected the potatoes the freshly churned earth turned up. We did this for around an hour and a half, and when we had finished most of the field we went home for lunch. After lunch I met up with some of the group members, and we went to a favorite cafe of ours. The rest of  the day was spent with the group in meetings or playing games. Below are pictures of all the students with their host families.         - Caroline Fisher 

No comments:

Post a Comment